Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Consider me pinched

This morning my four-year-old invited me to have some Rice Krispies with him. As we sat across the table over breakfast, he began to sing in his pure, sweet voice:
Mothers are the best.
Mothers are the best.
Mothers really are the best.
"Do you like it?" he asked. I did, and I asked him where he'd heard it.

"I just thought of it," he said.

Pinch me!

Unfortunately, an hour later we had this little exchange:

Four-year-old: "What the heck is that?!"
That sounded a little rude coming out of a four-year-old's mouth, so I said:
"How about you try 'what in the world' instead of 'what the heck', okay honey?"
Four-year-old: "Okay mama. What in the world is that fucking thing?"








1 comment:

  1. I've told this story several times now. This is awesome. If not a bit horrifying as a mom...but in a few years it will be awesome. At least he loves his f@*$ing mom!

    ReplyDelete